Job Summary: To serve as the Certified Ombudsman Intake and administrative specialist for the New York State Long Term Care Ombudsman Program, Region 4 (Putnam, Rockland, Westchester).
Reports to : Ombudsman Program Director, Secondarily to Executive Director
Office Location: WILC, White Plains, NY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles bulk of NYS Long Term Care Ombudsman Program administrative duties.
- Conducts all phone screenings for the NYS LTCOP.
- Inputs all Program Activities for program into NYS database (PeerPlace).
- Visits long term care facilities and conducts Ombudsman responsibilities (investigations, advocacy efforts, Resident/Family Council meetings, etc…).
- Tracks all NYS LTCOP documentation (mileage, activity reports, cases, etc…).
- Attends all mandated NYS LTCOP meetings, trainings, and seminar/webinars.
- Files all NYS LTCOP documentation as requested by Ombudsman staff.
- Disburses any new Ombudsman program information to all volunteer Ombudsmen via e-mail, fax, or mail.
- Maintains personnel records for all volunteer Ombudsmen.
- Assists with all in-service trainings, staff trainings, and volunteer recognition events,
- Aids volunteer Ombudsmen with cases, documentation, and any other concerns volunteers identify in their assigned facilities.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Program Director/Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple request from fellow staff.
- Dependability, approachability and willingness to take initiative and problem solve.
- Must be able to complete NYS LTCOP Certification Training and maintain certification.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to facilities throughout Putnam, Rockland, Westchester counties.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Accuracy – Work is performed carefully and with minimal errors.
- Attendance – Regularly report to work when scheduled. Returns from work breaks and lunch time prescribed.
- Attitude – Shows pleasant disposition to callers, consumers, fellow employees and others.
- Communication – Grasps important information when communicated with and expresses written and/or verbal communications effectively. Keeps associates and supervisor adequately informed about important issues.
- Cooperation – Shows willingness to work with others.
- Courtesy – Actions and words are polite and courteous when dealing with consumers, other employees and others.
- Dependability – Meets expected deadlines and work standards without constant supervision.
- Decision making – Demonstrates the ability to arrive at sound decisions or knows when to ask for help.
- Execution – Ability to implement and follow a project through to the end.
- Flexibility – Adapts to new or unusual situations or changes without affecting performance of department work procedures.
- Initiative – Takes steps to commence working on task or project without having to be told to do so.
- Job Knowledge – Understands the principles, methods and processes needed to perform the job.
- Listening – Attentive to the concerns, ideas and issues brought up by consumers, fellow employees and others.
- Perseverance – Shows determination to continue a course of action in spite of difficulties encountered along the way.
- Tact – Demonstrates careful discretion and diplomacy when dealing with consumers, other employees and others.
- Quality of work – Demonstrates neatness and thoroughness with minimal amount of errors.
- Quantity of work – Handles standard amount of work as required by the position.
Email cover letter and resume to:
attention G. Felix in subject line