Lower the risk of developing diabetes while improving your health
For more information on this free diabetes prevention program, email email@example.com or call 845.228.7457 extension 1106 914.259.8036 (VP), Fill out the eligibility questionnaire and registration. This link will take you to our Putnam County site.
If you have been diagnosed with prediabetes, you have a serious condition. Many people with prediabetes who don’t change their lifestyle may develop type 2 diabetes within 5 years.
Type 2 diabetes can lead to serious health issues such as:
Do you have risk factors?
- You are overweight
- You are 45 years of age or older
- Your parent or sibling has type 2 diabetes
- You are physically active fewer than 3 times per week
- You ever gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds
- You ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes)
If you have prediabetes, join our CDC-recognized lifestyle change program. It can help you lose weight, become more active, and prevent or delay type 2 diabetes.
- Eat healthy without giving up all the foods you love
- Add physical activity to your life
- Deal with stress
- Cope with challenges that can derail your hard work
- Get back on track if you slip up (we all do!)
PreventT2 runs for 1 year
- During the first 20 weeks you will meet once a week
- During the second six months you’ll meet once or twice a week
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be overweight (body mass index ≥25; ≥23 if Asian)
- Have no previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Take the Could You Have Diabetes quiz to assess your risk OR
- Have a blood test result in the prediabetes range within the past year:
- Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7%–6.4% or
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100–125 mg/dL or
- Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 gm glucose load): 140–199 mg/dL OR
- Be previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes