Lower the risk of developing diabetes while improving your health
For more information on this free diabetes prevention program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845.228.7457 extension 1106 914.259.8036 (VP), Fill out the eligibility questionnaire and registration.
If you have been diagnosed with prediabetes, you have a serious condition. Many people with prediabetes who don’t change their lifestyle may develop type 2 diabetes within 5 years.
Type 2 diabetes can lead to serious health issues such as:
- Heart attack
- Kidney failure
- Loss of toes, feet, or leg
Do you have risk factors?
- You are overweight
- You are 45 years of age or older
- Your parent or sibling has type 2 diabetes
- You are physically active fewer than 3 times per week
- You ever gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds
- You ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes
If you have prediabetes, join our CDC-recognized lifestyle change program. It can help you lose weight, become more active, and prevent or delay type 2 diabetes.
- Eat healthy without giving up all the foods you love
- Add physical activity to your life
- Deal with stress
- Cope with challenges that can derail your hard work
- Get back on track if you slip up (we all do!)
PreventT2 runs for 1 year
- During the first 20 weeks you will meet once a week
- During the second six months you’ll meet once or twice a week
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be overweight (body mass index ≥25; ≥23 if Asian)
- Have no previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Take the Could You Have Diabetes quiz to assess your risk OR
- Have a blood test result in the prediabetes range within the past year:
- Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7%–6.4% or
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100–125 mg/dL or
- Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 gm glucose load): 140–199 mg/dL OR
- Be previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes