- This event has passed.
Getting Quick Approval for SSI, SSDI, Medicaid and other programs
January 25, 2018 @ 9:00 am - January 26, 2018 @ 9:00 amFree but pre-registration required
FREE two-day seminar on how to quickly get approval for SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, and other entitlement programs.
Thursday, January 25, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, January 26, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Many people with disabilities wait years before they are determined to be eligible for benefits. This free OMH seminar will show you that, with the correct documentation, it should take no more than 90 days to get approved. This seminar will also teach you how to:
- Request a waiver for an overpayment
- Avoid spend-downs.
- Use Social Security work incentives to help maintain SSI and SSDI eligibility as you explore returning to work.
- Ease off cash benefits and into self-sufficiency.
- Work full-time and maintain low cost (or even no-cost) health insurance.
- Get expedited reinstatement of benefits.
IRWE, PASS plans, Section 301, and 1619b are some of the other underused mechanisms that will be covered. This seminar is for people with any type of disability, however, the main focus will be for people with mental health disabilities.
For webinar registration use event password: nysomh123
Contact organizer listed below for additional information.