POSITION: Minority Outreach Specialist
- Researches and maintains well-organized, accurate, up-to-date information on referral services.
- To outreach and network with various agencies, churches, civic groups and others serving the minority community to improve access to services for minorities with disabilities.
- Empower consumers by exploring options, setting goals and teaching self-advocacy skills.
- Organizes or facilitates workshops, groups and presentations as needed.
- Maintains accurate records of services provided.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Executive Director.
- Reliable transportation. Job requires travel in lower Westchester.
B.A. Degree from an accredited university and two years of experience in direct services to people with a disability or three years of personal and/or professional experience working with people with disabilities. Creative problem solving and good follow-up skills necessary. Personal experience with disability preferred.
Persons with disabilities, women and minority individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click here to apply for this position. Applicants must include a cover letter, resume and take the assessment.