Part-time or Full-time position: $15 – $17 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Researches and maintains well-organized, accurate, up-to-date, information on benefits, entitlements and community services.
- Provides benefits consultation and assists consumers, especially those with mental illness, in obtaining their entitlements.
- Provides individual advocacy services and/or peer advisement as needed.
- Empower consumers by exploring options, setting goals and teaching self-advocacy skills.
- Organizes or facilitates workshops, groups and presentations as needed.
- Maintains accurate records of services provided.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Executive Director.
BA or Associates degree preferred with two years of experience in direct services to people with disabilities or three years of personal and/or professional experience working with people with disabilities. Comprehensive knowledge of State and Federal Entitlement Programs, Disability Rights Legislation and Community Resources preferred. Creative problem solving and good follow-up skills necessary.
Personal experience with mental illness required.
BENEFITS: Benefits with full time employment
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: English, Conversational Spanish a plus
Office Location: WILC, White Plains, NY
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Cover Letter and Resume by July 20, 2018 to the attention of Evelyn Fernandez at: